NETLAB+ Support of the VMware IT Academy Program®
Dave Nelson, Director of the VMware IT Academy, discusses how their partnership with NDG has helped the VMware IT Academy scale to serve students around the world and prepare the young people of today for the workplace of tomorrow.
NDG offers a hosted lab service for VMware vSphere ICM and VMware VCA DCV labs.
NDG has formed a partnership with the VMware IT Academy Program to enable NETLAB+ support of the VMware vSphere Install, Configure, Manage (ICM) course. The use of NETLAB+ provides an enormous opportunity for educational organizations seeking a highly scalable, cost effective solution to offer access to the technology required for the VMware IT Academy Program, which introduces students to VMware technologies and equips them with valuable VMware technical skills.
Significantly Reduce Your Equipment Costs
Organizations offering the highly sought-after VMware IT Academy Program curriculum often face a financial challenge. A significant amount of physical hardware is needed in order to adequately provide students with the necessary equipment access both within the classroom and outside the classroom for assignments and practice. This requires a financial commitment that may be beyond the budget of some colleges, universities, and non-profit technical schools.
In the NETLAB+ pod design for the VMware IT Academy vSphere Install, Configure, Manage Course (ICM), all lab components are 100% virtualized (i.e. ESXi-in-ESXi) to achieve a high pod to physical host ratio, at a significantly lower cost point relative to traditional delivery of vSphere ICM. Using virtualization and the sharing and scheduling capabilities of NETLAB+, each student (or team of students) has access to their own set of virtual equipment, which they may maintain exclusive use of throughout the course.
NETLAB+'s use of virtualized lab components results in a significant cost reduction by allowing several pods to run simultaneously on one physical server. This cost reduction can open up the possibility of participating in the VMware IT Academy Program for many organizations who would be unable to afford it otherwise.
NETLAB+ Provides Tools to Enable Easy Delivery of the vSphere ICM Course
- VMware vSphere ICM lab exercises prepared specifically for online delivery using NETLAB+.
- Pre-configured virtual machine templates and automated topology to expedite setup.
- NETLAB+ software enhancements to enable the NETLAB+ system administrator to clone pods and assign them to students.
- Documentation to guide you through the setup of the vSphere ICM course.
Try the VMware IT Academy Instructor Evaluation System
NDG has worked with VMware to prepare a system for trainers to evaluate the NETLAB+ vSphere ICM and/or NETLAB+ VMware VCA DCV course setup. Access will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis for a limited time period.
Organizations meeting any of the following criteria are invited to request an account on the evaluation system:
- VMware IT Academy Program participant.
- Organizations who are considering applying to the VMware IT Academy Program.
- Current NETLAB+ customers who are evaluating a course.
- Potential customers who are considering the purchase of a NETLAB+ system and are evaluating a course.
Select the button below to register for an evaluation account. You will be prompted to complete the registration process at the NDG Evaluation Center:
Hosted Service - NEW
NDG is pleased to announce the availability of a hosted lab service for the VMware vSphere ICM and VMware VCA DCV course.
- See pricing details for hosted service.
- Request a price quote for hosted service.
- For more information, contact us.