This quick reference page provides a summary of the specifications
of this topology. For a complete reference including installation details,
please refer to the Palo Alto Cybersecurity Essentials Pod Planning and Installation Guide .
The Palo Alto Cybersecurity Essentials lab set is designed to have Internet access.
Due to the security and legal implications regarding accessing the Internet from within the pod, we require that NETLAB+ customers
indicate their acceptance of the NETLAB+ Pod Internet Access and Use Agreement
prior to obtaining access to the pod or content for this course.
You may request virtual machine templates for the Palo Alto Cybersecurity Essentials pod from CSSIA.
The virtual machines in the pod are listed in the table below.
Virtual Machine Templates
The Center for Systems Security and Information Assurance (CSSIA) provides virtual machine templates to install
on the pod.
To request access to the preconfigured virtual machine templates from CSSIA:
- Go to the CSSIA Resources page: https://www.cssia.org/cssiaresources/
- Select VM Image Sharing Agreement ? Image Sharing Agreement.
- Select VM Image Sharing Agreement to open the request form.
- Complete and submit your access request by following the instructions on the request form.
CSSIA will email a link, along with a username and password to access the download server.
Access to the download server is provided only to customers who are current with their NETLAB+
support contract and are participants in the appropriate partner programs (i.e. Palo Alto Academy,
VMware IT Academy, and/or EMC Academic Alliance).
Once access to the download server has been established, the virtual machines can be deployed
directly to the vCenter Server by clicking on File > Deploy OVF Template in the vClient window
and copying the link into the location field.
- The deployment will start after the username and password are entered.
- Each virtual machine is deployed individually.
- Please refer to the appropriate pod installation guide for the virtual machines you are downloading.