NDG Linux Essentials is an introduction to Linux as an operating system,
basic open source concepts and the basics of the Linux command line.
Content developed by experts, a Linux virtual machine and step-by-step labs
give you hands-on access to practice Linux command line concepts.With no
previous knowledge required, this course is the perfect starting point to gain Linux skills.
- Develop a basic knowledge of the Linux command line
- Study content explaining Linux as you practice on real Linux virtual machines
- Access expert content online
- Prepare for the Linux Professional Institute (LPI) Linux Essentials Professional Development Certificate
- Get immediate feedback on your knowledge through built-in quizzes and tests
This course aligns to the Linux Professional Institute (LPI) Linux Essentials Professional Development Certificate, focusing on the following concepts:
- FOSS, the various communities, and licenses
- Knowledge of open source applications in the workplace as they relate to closed source equivalents
- Basic concepts of hardware, processes, programs and the components of the Linux operating system
- Work on the command line and with files
- Create and restore compressed backups and archives
- System security, users/groups and file permissions for public and private directories
- Create and run simple scripts
See details on how the NDG Linux Essentials Course Aligns to STEM and Common Core Educational Standards.
The skills taught in this course are applicable to a wide range of careers including networking, software development and Linux administration.
NDG Linux Essentials includes Coursebooks, Lab Exercises, and Assessments